Home > Products > Zoomify Plug-In > Features
The Zoomify Viewer Toolbar interactively performs the panning and zooming of your zoomified images.
The Zoomify Viewer Toolbar can be accessed by either clicking the MAXIMIZE button beneath the image, or by
clicking the Toolbar Toggle icon in the top right hand corner of the image.
Note: the Toolbar Toggle can be used to both show and hide the toolbar.
Clicking the MAXIMIZE button will show a larger view of the image so you can see more image detail while using the Zoomfiy Viewer Toolbar.
Clicking the MINIMIZE button (available if the MAXIMIZE button has been clicked) will return the view to the original dimensions of the preview image.
The legend to the right illustrates the various image pan and zoom functions that are available using the Zoomify Viewer Toolbar.
You can also access any of the function of the Zoomify Viewer using your keyboard:
- Use the tab key on your keyboard to switch between tools.
- Use the shift key on on your keyboard to zoom in.
- Use the command or apple key on your keyboard to zoom out.
- Use the arrow keys on your keyboard to pan up, down, left, and right.
- Use the esc or escape key on your keyboard to reset to the original view.
You can apply zoomify settings per group. This gives you control over who
can zoom into images and who's images will be zoomified (converted) upon
uploading (iBULC required). Some zoomify viewer setup examples:
- Do not allow guests to zoom into images. Members can zoom into images
and have the option to maximize the zoomify viewer to fit the main table
and show the help icon:
- Give guest a small preview image with no zoom option. Members get
a large preview image with zoom option but no maximize option and no
- Both guests and members are not allowed to zoom into images but the
guests get a small preview and the members get a very large preview:
One of the beauties of this plug-in is the easy installation. If you have ImageFolio 4.x installed then only 1 file will need to be modifed, none of your modifications/customizations to the scripts and or skins will be lost! These are the 3 steps installation instructions:
|1) Upload directories
||Zoomify_scripts_if4 directory to /path/to/ImageFolio4 directory.
||Zoomify_files_if4 directory to /path/to/ImageFolio4_files directory.
|3) Configure zoomify setting:
||Open your browser and login to your ImageFolio Admin Area. In the address
bar (location bar) change the URL to: